Thirsty and want a drink that screams “beach vibes only”? Then you’re in for a treat, because I’ve got the best Texas Roadhouse Coastal Key Lime Margarita recipe this side of the Mississippi.
It’s got all the fixin’s you need to transport yourself to a sunny paradise – tequila, orange liqueur, fresh key lime juice, and agave. Trust me, this concoction is so darn good, it’ll have you dreaming of sand, surf, and all things tropical.
So let’s go ahead and get mixing, take a sip, and let the beach come to you!
- 1 tablespoon of tequila (the good stuff, don’t skimp on this!)
- 1 oz of blue curaçao (optional, this is what gives it that lovely blue hue)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice (freshly squeezed is best, but if you’re feeling lazy, bottled works too)
- 1 oz of Agave nectar. (you can make this by dissolving agave and water over low heat)
- Ice (As much as you want cause it makes the drink oh-so-refreshing!)
- A lime wedge for garnish (because the presentation is key, my friend!)
Now, let’s get shakin’!
How To Make Texas Roadhouse Coastal Key Lime Margarita
Step 1: Prepare Your Glass
First, rub a piece of lime on the rim of your margarita glass and dip the rim in the salt.
Step 2: Take a Shaker
It’s time to get a big belly shaker, and don’t forget to fill your shaker with ice (the more, the better).
Step 3: Pour the Ingredients
Now, add your tequila, orange liqueur, key lime juice, agave nectar, and orange juice in the shaker.
Step 4: Shake! Shake!
Now, shake it like a rodeo cowboy for about 10–15 seconds (you want it to be nice and chilled).
Step 5: Serve
Strain it into the salt-rimmed glass filled with ice and you can top it off with a splash of Sprite if you like.
Step 6: Garnish
Garnish with a lime wedge and voila! You’ve got yourself a Texas Roadhouse Coastal Key Lime Margarita that’ll knock your boots off.
Now, go on and enjoy that sweet and tangy goodness. It’s perfect for sipping on a hot summer day, or really any day.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories68
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Sodium 0mg 0%
- Potassium 0mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Why Key Lime Margarita Is The Best Kind Of Margaritas?
The answer is easy because it is made using key limes! And I have some juicy info for you about why Key limes are the ultimate choice for making margaritas! Here’s why-
- The first thing that separates them in taste is their intensity of flavor. Key limes have a flavor profile that’s hard to beat – it’s zesty, tangy, and packs a punch that regular limes just can’t match. So if you want a margarita that’s bursting with flavor, you need Key limes in your life!
- Another thing you might not realize is they’re the OG lime for margaritas. Did you know that Key limes were the original lime used in margaritas? Yup, that’s right – before regular limes took over, Key limes were the star of the show. So using them in your margarita is a nod to the traditional recipe and adds a touch of authenticity to your drink.
- Lastly, they’re small but mighty. Key limes are small, but they pack a powerful punch. They contain more acidity than conventional limes, so they can stick up to the powerful flavors of tequila and triple sec. Also, their small size makes them easier to juice and adds a fun element of “cute factor” to your drink.
Can I safely say your refrigerator is going to have a booked space for key limes? I think I can.
My most favorite thing about this drink they are so little time-consuming. Say you are having a bad day and are not in the mood for making a mess. You can just easily grab the ingredients and prepare this awesome Texas roadhouse coastal key lime margarita recipe in just five minutes.
Then what are you waiting for? Grab some Key limes, whip up a batch of margaritas, and let the good times roll!
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.