Let’s take a break from your regular beer and try one of my favorite drinks together! We are bringing a unique and one of the oldest and most popular cocktail called an Iron Butterfly Drink or simply Iron Butterfly, also the name of the band that did the song which is In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.
I wonder if that’s where they got their name because this drink is worth drinking. I wonder if that’s where they got their name because this drink is worth drinking.
The Iron Butterfly Drink recipe is quite strong, with three full shots of alcohol, including Vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey’s Irish Cream. This drink can be made quickly and easily at any time and at any kind of drink party.
So, if you’re looking for a strong cocktail, this is a must-try for all hard-core drink lovers, so don’t wait any longer and start making the drink for yourself.
- 1 and ½ ounces of Smirnoff vodka
- 1 and ½ ounces of Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 and ½ ounces of Irish cream
- Ice cubes
- Cocktail shaker
How To Prepare Iron Butterfly Drink
Step 1: Start with ice cubes
First, we will add ice cubes and fill the glass halfway.
Step 2: Add the vodka
Next time pour our first ingredient, 1 and ½ ounces of vodka, and we are using the Smirnoff vodka.
Step 3: Time to add Kahlua coffee liqueur
As our second ingredient, we will add 1 and ½ ounces of Kahlua coffee liqueur into the glass.
Step 4: Add the Irish cream
As our last ingredients, we will add 1 and 1/2 ounces of Irish cream, making the main difference between the iron butterfly and the White Russian cocktail.
Step 5: Ready to serve and drink
Now stir everything until all the liquid ingredients are well combined, and you have Iron Butterfly.
Tips and Tricks
- Let me tell you all that you can use any vodka brand, but you can only substitute Kahlua coffee or Irish cream if it is the authentic iron butterfly.
- Another tip is to avoid cheap vodka brands because you will miss out on the true flavor of this iron butterfly drink.
- You can also use a shaker to mix the drink more professionally, but you can make a simple cocktail by simply combining the three ingredients. And give a little stir.
- Use a metal shaker to combine the ingredients for a better mix and a better cocktail drink.
- If you prefer to add more ice, use a larger glass.
Iron Butterfly Drink vs White Russian
- The key difference between these two is that Iron Butterfly is made with Irish cream, while the White Russian is made with heavy cream.
- White Russian has a whitish cream texture, meanwhile, the Iron Butterfly has a slightly darker texture.
- Because of Baily’s Irish white cream, the iron butterfly has a heavier and sweeter taste, although the White Russian tastes like a creamy and delicious iced coffee with a kick.
Which drinks are similar to Iron Butterfly drink?
As a cocktail expert, I would say the White Russian and Mudslide have similar textures and prepared ingredients. But the taste is unique in each of them.
How many ingredients do we need to make the Iron Butterfly drink?
Making the Iron Butterfly drink is simple because all you need are three ingredients: Smirnoff vodka, Kahlua coffee liqueur, and Irish cream.
How many calories do Iron Butterfly drinks have?
If you follow the original recipe, you will gain 195 to 210 calories per serving glass, depending on the brand of vodka and other ingredients used.
The Iron Butterfly Drink is a unique and refreshing cocktail with a vibrant and creamy taste. This drink is ideal for those looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional hard drinks. It will surely delight your taste buds while giving your body the extra kick and energy to thrive.
So try this simple and tasteful cocktail for yourself and sit back and enjoy every sip you take.
Last Updated on February 23, 2023 by Zoey
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.