Nowadays, Panes con Pollo are a common meal in practically every nation. Examples are Pan con Pollo Peruano, which is popular in Peru, and Pan de Pollo Guatemalteco, which is popular in Guatemala. Additionally, there are several types of meat, as well as various cooking techniques and other names such as Panes Relleno, Panes con Pavo, etc.
In addition to being a hit with guests, this Salvadoran Sandwich recipe is also really easy to make and highly adaptable. You can substitute whatever kind of vegetable or meat you choose. The basic method for preparing Panes con Pollo Salvadore’s is provided in my simple, step-by-step panes con Pollo recipe.
Panes Con Pollo Salvadorenos Variations
Just if you look at the YouTube videos, there are so many various ways to prepare pan con Pollo! I made an effort to include the most typical ingredients and cooking techniques in this recipe. If you prepare Pan con Pollo differently, please share your recipe in a comment below!
Here are several variations I’ve seen:
- You can replace the lettuce on the bread with coleslaw
- Putting a whole hard-boiled egg on top of each sandwich
- Plating a whole drumstick on the bread rather than slicing the chicken off the bone Garnishing with raw onion
- “Salsa Inglesa” or soy sauce can use (Worcestershire Sauce)
Marinate The Chicken
- Soy Sauce
- Pepper, All Ingredients To Taste
- 1/4 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
- 4 Garlic Finely Chopped
Preparation Of The Sauce
- 6 Tomatoes
- 7 Coriander Branches
- 1/4 Medium Onion
- 1/4 Green Chili
- 3 Garlic
- 1 Guajillo Chile Without Seed
- 1 Soup Tablespoon Of Sesame
- 1 Tablespoon Of Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Of Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Of Achiote
- 2 Cups Of Water
- Olives, Salt, And Pepper To Taste.
- Fresh Watercress
Take a bowl and putcChicken, mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic, cumin, and onion. Combine it well for great marination.
In a blender jug put all the sauce ingredients. Blend them well.
Heat a medium size pan and put all the marinated chicken in. Then add sauce and cook until the gravy is thickened.
Cut all the serving veggies. Assemble all the ingredients.
Take your bread and cut it in half. Spread mayonnaise on both sides. Assemble all sliced veggies then add chicken and coleslaw. Your sandwich is done for serving.
Frequently Ask Questions
- Can I Make Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños en Advance?
Yes, you can Make Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños in Advance. After making them just freeze them in an airtight container.
- How to Store Leftovers of Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños?
Just take an airtight container and save the leftovers in the freezer. When you eat, just take it out from the freezer and warm it in a microwave.
- How long do Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños sauce last?
For up to three days, keep leftover Pan con Pollo sauce in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Is this recipe good for diabetic patients?
Yes, any diabetic patient can eat the Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños. It is totally good for their health.
- Chicken or turkey which one is good for Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños?
In traditional recipes they use chicken. But if you make it with turkey then no problem both of them are good for taste.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories368
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 975mg 41%
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
It is a flavorful chicken Sandwich that will melt in your mouth when you bite into it. Because it’s made with hearty chicken stew for Pan con Pollo, which is made with rotisserie chicken.
Panes con Pollo Salvadoreños is a great dish to eat on its own because it is hearty and delicious. You can Serve it with a chilled beer or Coca-Cola.