Nowadays, Panes con Pollo are a common meal in practically every nation. Examples are Pan con Pollo Peruano, which is popular in Peru, and Pan de Pollo Guatemalteco, which is popular in Guatemala. Additionally, there are several types of meat, as well as various cooking techniques and other names such as Panes Relleno, Panes con Pavo, etc.
In addition to being a hit with guests, this Salvadoran Sandwich recipe is also really easy to make and highly adaptable. You can substitute whatever kind of vegetable or meat you choose. The basic method for preparing Panes con Pollo Salvadore’s is provided in my simple, step-by-step panes con Pollo recipe.
Panes Con Pollo Salvadorenos Variations
Just if you look at the YouTube videos, there are so many various ways to prepare pan con Pollo! I made an effort to include the most typical ingredients and cooking techniques in this recipe. If you prepare Pan con Pollo differently, please share your recipe in a comment below!
Here are several variations I’ve seen:
- You can replace the lettuce on the bread with coleslaw
- Putting a whole hard-boiled egg on top of each sandwich
- Plating a whole drumstick on the bread rather than slicing the chicken off the bone Garnishing with raw onion
- “Salsa Inglesa” or soy sauce can use (Worcestershire Sauce)
Frequently Ask Questions
- Can I Make Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños en Advance?
Yes, you can Make Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños in Advance. After making them just freeze them in an airtight container.
- How to Store Leftovers of Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños?
Just take an airtight container and save the leftovers in the freezer. When you eat, just take it out from the freezer and warm it in a microwave.
- How long do Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños sauce last?
For up to three days, keep leftover Pan con Pollo sauce in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Is this recipe good for diabetic patients?
Yes, any diabetic patient can eat the Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños. It is totally good for their health.
- Chicken or turkey which one is good for Panes Con Pollo Salvadoreños?
In traditional recipes they use chicken. But if you make it with turkey then no problem both of them are good for taste.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories368
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 3mg 1%
- Sodium 975mg 41%
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
It is a flavorful chicken Sandwich that will melt in your mouth when you bite into it. Because it’s made with hearty chicken stew for Pan con Pollo, which is made with rotisserie chicken.
Panes con Pollo Salvadoreños is a great dish to eat on its own because it is hearty and delicious. You can Serve it with a chilled beer or Coca-Cola.
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.