Instead of wasting leftover chicken, make a healthy and tasty Caribbean Jerk Chicken Salad in only a few minutes. This is a flavorful and healthy salad, perfect to enjoy on a summer day.
My friends and family always rave about this salad with jerk chicken when I make it. It’s a great way to get your “salad fix” without feeling like you’re eating something boring. Plus, it’s a healthy meal that can easily be customized to your preferences.
So, if you’re searching for a delicious, nutritious, and simple salad dish, give this one a try! I ensure you will not be disappointed.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories395
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 150mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 20.9g 42%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tips And Tricks
- For juicy chicken, marinate it with salt, pepper, and jerk seasoning for 30 minutes before frying.
- Use fresh fruits for the perfect texture and retain summer’s freshness.
- You can make it ahead and store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Use varieties of fruits and veggies as you wish to make the salad more nutritious. But balance the quantity, and don’t add one ingredient in more quantity than others, which will ruin the taste.
- You can also add a few dried fruits if you have less variation of fruits at home.
The best thing about this salad is that it can be easily customized to enjoy your own favorite version. If you prefer more spice, add some chili powder or cayenne pepper.
If you want it sweeter, try using honey or maple syrup instead of sugar-based dressings. Whatever flavor profile you are looking for, jerk chicken salad will likely have it!
However, the main ingredient is always jerk seasoning, which gives the salad its unique flavor and heat. Try this other version of chicken salad and let your taste buds tantalize you for more.
Last Updated on January 16, 2023 by Lindsay G. Cabral
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.