This recipe for Tex Mex Paste is the perfect choice if you’re hunting for a tasty, all-purpose paste that can be used in a variety of Tex Mex recipes. But how to make tex mex paste at home on your own?
Made with a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic, and other spices, this paste can be used as a rub for meats, stirred into soups and stews, or used as a flavor base for sauces. Best of all, it can be made in large batches and stored in the fridge for up to 2 months.
So, if you make it once you’ll always have some on hand when the craving for Tex-Mex strikes. Without further ado, let’s start preparing some delightful tex mex paste recipe!
What is Tex Mex Paste?
Tex Mex is a type of Mexican food that is a fusion of both Mexican and American cuisine. It typically includes dishes such as tacos, burritos, and enchiladas that are made with a variety of meats, cheeses, and spices. Tex Mex paste is a condiment or ingredient that is used to add flavor and spice to these dishes.
10 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories79
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Protein 30g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Important Tips for Best DIY Tex Mex Paste
Making tex mex paste is pretty simple, but if you follow these easy tips, your paste will always turn out perfectly.
- Soak your chilies in warm water for at least 20 minutes. This will help to soften them and make them easier to blend.
- Toast your spices in a dry pan before adding them to the paste. This will help to release their flavor and make them more fragrant.
- Use a good quality olive oil or avocado oil for the base of your paste. This will help to give it a nice flavor and make it easier to blend.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- When you’re ready to use the paste, simply take it out of the fridge and add it to your dish.
- If you’re using it as a rub, massage it into the meat and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- For soups and stews, add a spoonful or two of paste to the pot and let it simmer.
- And for sauces, simply stir the paste into the other ingredients until everything is well combined.
Tex Mex Paste Substitute
If you’re looking for a Tex-Mex paste substitute, there are a few options you can try.
- One option is to mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. This will give you a spice blend that you can use in place of the paste.
- Another option is to use tomato paste. This will give your dish a similar flavor to what you would get from the paste.
- You could also try using a combination of salsa and chili powder. This will give you a similar flavor to the paste, but it will be a bit more liquid.
- You can use a combination of diced tomatoes and green chilies. This will give you a chunky, salsa-like consistency that can be used as a replacement for the paste.
If you ask my opinion, I would recommend that you should prepare some tex mex paste at home. It will only take a little over 20 minutes if you use our recipe.
How to Store Tex Mex Paste
If you prepared a substantial quantity of tex mex paste and have leftovers, here’s how to preserve it so that you can enjoy it later.
Place the paste in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It will last for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze the paste, place it in a freezer-safe container and store it for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to use it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and you are good to go!
The Tex Mex Paste is a fantastic way to spice up your food. It is simple to create and versatile in a variety of meals. Enchiladas, tortillas, and burritos are just a few of the Tex-Mex foods that could be prepared using the paste. Additionally, the recipe is a fantastic way to flavor soups and stews without packing on the calories.
If you enjoy the flavor of Tex Mex but don’t have the time to cook a difficult dish, our Tex Mex Paste is the right option. If you enjoyed this recipe, please share more ways you might use it in your regular meals.
Love mexican foods? Here is another all time favorite recipe for Conchita’s con Crane.
I love cooking, It makes me feel good knowing that whatever I make is something my family can eat, and it also gives me the chance to get creative with my cooking.
My goal is to help people learn how to cook by showing them how easy it is. If you're new at this, or if you just want some easy recipes in your life, check out my blog!