If you’re like most Americans, you probably already have a smoked turkey wing or two in your freezer. After all, they are a reasonable way to flavor your favorite recipes. But would you like to try something new with them? Then you have to learn how to cook already smoked turkey wings!
This easy yet incredibly filling recipe is ideal for any dinnertime or even a special occasion. It can be served as an appetizer or as a main course with a simple side dish.
So what are you waiting for? Pull your refrigerated smoked turkey wings out of the freezer and let them thaw. Meanwhile, read on for an overview of this delightful recipe, packed with must-know tips!
Are Smoked Turkey Wings Already Cooked?
There is some disagreement about whether or not smoked turkey wings are already cooked. Some people think that smoked turkey wings are already cooked through and merely require reheating, while others think they should be cooked until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
So, as you can see this question has some different answers. But the accurate one lays in the middle ground. To understand that if the smoked bird is cooked or not, you will have to know the smoking procedures.
The process of smoking turkey wings involves marinating the wings in a blend of spices, then gently cooking the wings over low heat until the flesh develops a pleasant smoky flavor. As a result, the turkey wings become edible but not thoroughly cooked.
The best course of action is to always err on the side of caution and cook your smoked turkey wings until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit if you are unsure if they are cooked. By doing this, you can be sure that they’ll be juicy and delicious when you eat them.
Important Tips to Follow While Cooking Smoked Turkey Wings
When cooking smoked turkey wings, it is important to keep a few tips in mind in order to ensure that they are cooked properly.
- To achieve the correct level of tenderness, it’s crucial to boil the wings over medium heat.
- To keep the wings moist, don’t forget to give them a bath with a solution of water and vinegar.
- Carefully prepare the turkey wings. This entails fully defrosting it and trimming off the giblets.
- Marinate the chicken wings all night. The application of the spices beforehand will also aid in retaining taste and moisture.
- Don’t over smoke the turkey if you’re smoking it by yourself. You only need a mild smoke flavor; else, it will be overpowering. As a general guideline, smoke the turkey for 30 minutes per pound of weight.
10 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories79
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 10mg 4%
- Protein 30g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How to Prepare Smoked Turkey Wings in Oven
If you loved this recipe and don’t have any store bought smoked turkey wings, don’t panic! Here is how you can easily make some recipe smoked turkey wings in oven!
- The brine, which not only adds taste but also keeps the wings moist during cooking, is the key to exquisite wings. The wings are then given a little flavoring using a basic spice rub until being cooked slowly in the oven.
- In a big container, mix water, salt, sugar, and any additional aromatics you like to form the brine. I enjoy including a few rosemary and thyme sprigs as well as a couple of garlic cloves. Make sure the turkey wings are well soaked in the brine before tossing them. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready remove them from the brine and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and let them come to room temperature.
- Set your oven’s temperature to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat.
- In the meantime, combine chili, smoked paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, and any additional spices you choose to make the spice rub. For a little spice, I like to add a tiny bit of cayenne pepper.
- Make sure to coat all of the turkey wing’s creases and nooks with the spice mixture as you rub it in.
- Cook the wings on the baking sheet in the oven for three to four hours.
If you love a quick and simple meal, turkey wings are a fantastic choice for you. They can be prepared in many various ways, but smoked versions provide a unique dimension to any dish. This recipe for smoked turkey wings will be a terrific way to satisfy your craving for turkey without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
If you liked our recipe about how to cook already smoked turkey wings, you will get to try the most delicious turkey wings that are perfect for a holiday meal.
I love cooking, It makes me feel good knowing that whatever I make is something my family can eat, and it also gives me the chance to get creative with my cooking.
My goal is to help people learn how to cook by showing them how easy it is. If you're new at this, or if you just want some easy recipes in your life, check out my blog!