Pizza is one of the world’s most popular foods, and its popularity is only escalating day by day. It is a tasty, practical, and economical dinner alternative that people of all ages can enjoy. The fundamental component in pizza that gives it its mouthwatering flavor is pizza sauce.
Without it, pizza would be dry and bland. So come along with us as we make the famous Ooni pizza sauce recipe if you’re planning to bake a pizza today.
There are many different types of pizza sauces to choose from. Some are made with fresh tomatoes, while others are made with tomato paste. Some pizza sauces are spicier than others, and some have additional herbs and spices added to them.
However, if you are planning to bake your pizza in an ooni oven, this recipe for ooni pizza sauce will be perfect for you. So let’s get started and prepare some amazing ooni pizza sauce.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Trying This Pizza Sauce
There are a few critical considerations to remember when preparing pizza sauce in order to achieve the perfect sauce consistency. Several of them are listed below:
- Use fresh ingredients: This is especially important when it comes to tomatoes. A sauce made with fresh tomatoes will taste considerably better than one made using canned tomatoes.
- Avoid using too much garlic: A little garlic goes a long way in flavor. Use only a small amount of garlic; you don’t want it to overshadow the other flavors.
- Balance the acidity: Too much acidity in your sauce can make it taste sour. To avoid this, be sure to add a little sugar to balance out the acidity.
- Cook it low and slow: Rushing the sauce will only make it taste watery and bland. Cook the sauce on low heat for a longer period of time to allow the flavors to develop.
Pizza sauce is an important part of any pizza, so keep these important facts in mind when making it. By following these tips, you can create a delicious pizza sauce that will take your pizza to the next level.
Tips to Store Ooni pizza Sauce
If you’ve ever made your own pizza sauce, you know how delicious it can be. But what do you do with the leftovers? Can you freeze pizza sauce? How long does pizza sauce last in the fridge? Here are some tips on how to store pizza sauce so it stays fresh and delicious.
Pizza sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. If you want to keep it longer, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to three months. When you’re ready to use it, thaw the sauce in the fridge overnight.
To keep your pizza sauce from getting too thick, add a little water or tomato juice when you reheat it. You can also add some fresh herbs or spices to give it a boost of flavor.
If you’ve made more pizza sauce than you need, don’t let it go to waste! Use it as a dip for breadsticks or a topping for roasted vegetables. You can also use it to make a quick and easy pasta sauce. Just add some cooked pasta and you’re good to go!
4 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories116
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 80mg 4%
- Potassium 188mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
No matter what type of pizza sauce you make, it will add a delicious depth of flavor to your pizza. But if you are following this special ooni pizza sauce recipe the pizza is going to be more enjoyable to eat. However, don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of pizza sauces to find the perfect one for your taste buds.