Pork shoulder turns super tender and delicious when it’s slowly cooked at 200 degrees. However, the cooking time will vary based on the size of the pork shoulder. This style of low and slow cooking allows the flavors of the pork to develop and mix together, resulting in a wonderful and versatile dish.
Cooking the pork shoulder for a long time over low heat causes the tough cut of meat to transform into gelatin from collagen and the fat in it to combine with it. That’s how the slow cooking procedure makes the meat juicy and tender.
But, exactly how long to cook pork shoulder at 200 degrees? Well, you are saved today! We have the best slow-cooking recipe for pork shoulder at 200 degrees. Stick till the end for additional tricks and tips!
Tips and Tricks about Slow Cook Pork Shoulder in Oven
Slow cooking pork shoulder in an oven is a great way to cook this tough cut of meat. The low and slow cooking process makes the pork shoulder tender and juicy. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you slow-cook pork shoulder in an oven:
- It is quite beneficial to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This heat causes the fat to melt quickly, allowing it to be absorbed by the tough meat.
- You can add some liquid to the pan, such as water, chicken broth, or white wine. This will help to keep the pork shoulder moist during cooking.
- Covering the meat as well as the pan with a lid or aluminum foil is really important. If you want quick results, don’t forget to do so!
- You can rub the pork shoulder with butter, olive oil, or any kind of vegetable oil you like.
- Don’t forget to Season pork shoulder with salt, pepper, and any other of your desired spices. Here is where you get to be creative with!
- The ideal time to cook the pork shoulder in the oven is 7-8 hours on 200 degrees, or until the meat is very tender. If you want to increase or decrease the heat the cooking time will increase or decrease accordingly.
Serve the slow-cooked pork shoulder with your favorite sides and enjoy!
7 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories92
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 90mg 30%
- Sodium 68mg 3%
- Potassium 329mg 10%
- Protein 23g 46%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
If you follow the steps in this article, you will end up with a delicious pork shoulder that has been slow-cooked to perfection in the oven at 200 degrees. This is a great holiday meal to serve for any family dinner or special occasions.
Enjoy with your family and don’t forget to share yours version of this recipe with us!
Last Updated on January 16, 2023 by Lindsay G. Cabral
I love cooking, It makes me feel good knowing that whatever I make is something my family can eat, and it also gives me the chance to get creative with my cooking.
My goal is to help people learn how to cook by showing them how easy it is. If you're new at this, or if you just want some easy recipes in your life, check out my blog!