Winter is knocking at the door, so are you prepared to warm up with some delicious, comforting drink? I have already done the grocery shopping, and guess what was on top of my list?
Haitian chocolate balls to make haitian hot chocolate drink. And I want to share my haitian hot chocolate recipe with you so that you can make and enjoy this awesome drink this winter.
Haitian hot chocolate is a festive and delicious way to warm up this winter. This rich and flavorful drink is perfect for chilling out with friends, and it’s easy to make at home. Plus, all the ingredients used to make this drink are organic and free of any harmful ingredients. So it’s nutritious as well.
Let’s just jump to know the full recipe.
Why Should You Try Haitian Hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate is one of the most popular drinks on the planet, enjoyed by people of all ages and cultures. And when it’s the haitian hot chocolate drink, it’s also nutritious.
Haitian is an indulgent treat or something to love on cold winter days, and it will definitely satisfy your cravings! Haitian Hot Chocolate is a classic winter beverage that combines hot chocolate with spices and flavorings from Haiti.
One thing that makes this Haitian hot chocolate different is the Haitian cocoa balls. This unique drink has become popular for its rich, chocolaty flavor and ability to warm you up on cold days. You can serve it as a drink to your guest.
It’s a delicious way to get your daily dose of protein and carbohydrates and a great way to celebrate Haitian culture. Plus, it’s the perfect drink for those looking to maintain their weight or increase their energy levels during cold weather seasons, as it’s low in sugar and calories.
After I found these cocoa balls, I have just forgotten the regular cocoa balls. As soon as winter knocks on my door, I am ready with a bunch of Haitian cocoa balls to warm up my family. This hot drink is super creamy and rich.
How To Store Haitian Hot Chocolate Drink
If you have an extra haitian hot chocolate drink in hand, don’t get worried. You can store them. After the hot chocolate has come to room temperature, transfer it into a glass jar, seal it properly and keep it in the fridge.
You can enjoy this drink for up to 3-5 days. Whenever you want to drink, take the jar out, transfer it to a saucepan and wait until it simmers. Serve and enjoy a hot chocolate drink.
Another way is there that I usually do it in summer. Once the hot chocolate has cooled down, transfer it into a deep square bowl or glass box, and put it in the fridge for 2 hours.
After two hours, the hot chocolate is now fridged chocolate. Use your ice cream scoop, and remove the hot chocolate. Put them into a glass jar and store them in the fridge for up to 3 months.
You can enjoy it cold as ice cream, or if you want to reheat it, do it just like before and enjoy it hot.
Tips and Tricks
- The main ingredients of this recipe are haitian chocolate balls. So you must use them. If you are thinking about using other chocolate balls or cocoa powder, you can do so, but that won’t give you the haitian hot chocolate flavor.
- Some of us add ground or powdered spices while making hot chocolate. But that’s not the right way. We just need the spice flavors, not herbs. So use whole spices and remove before serving.
- When straining the drink, ensure no residue, and strain until you get the perfect smooth drink. It won’t feel good if we get something stuck in our mouth, especially when we enjoy a warmer.
- If you want to add lemon juice, don’t add all the drinks you made. Take your glass and add. The long time passes, the thicker it will become. So add lemon juice when you are ready to drink.
- Many use lemon juice to increase the flavor; that’s good, but keep in mind lemon juice will make the drink thicker with time. So it’s better to add only the lemon zest, not the liquid.
Health Benefits of Haitian Hot Chocolate Drink
Drinking warm fluids regularly has many positive effects on our overall well-being and can help to keep us healthy throughout the year. By consuming haitian hot chocolate on winter nights, you are not only getting all of the essential nutrients that they provide but also putting yourself in an active mood that will increase your chances for success when working out or engaging in any other physical activity. Let’s know some of the health benefits of Haitian hot chocolate.
- Haitian hot chocolate drink is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that can improve your overall health. It reduces cancer risk, protects against heart disease, and improves cognitive function. An antioxidant is also known to promote healthy cell membranes and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
- This drink contains high magnesium levels, known for energy production, muscle contraction, and nerve function. It also helps to maintain blood sugar levels by acting as an insulin sensitizer. Plus, it promotes healthy blood pressure readings and prevents heart disease.
- Vitamin b12 is a water-soluble vitamin that aids in absorbing other nutrients and supports nerve function. B12 deficiency can lead to various health problems, such as nervous system damage, cognitive impairment, abnormal blood clotting patterns, impaired vision, and even heart disease. So drinking this drink can ensure you no longer face any of these deficiencies.
- Calcium is another essential mineral; this drink has almost 10%. So this drink can help to keep your bones strong and healthy. It supports the function of cells throughout the body by helping to maintain fluid balance and creating a smooth flow of energy through your bloodstream.
- It also has soothing properties that help you relax, reducing anxiety and stress. Therefore, it can be an excellent choice for people who suffer from mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety disorders.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use regular cocoa powder or balls to make haitian hot chocolate?
You can, but you shouldn’t. Because haitian chocolate ball makes this hot chocolate, if you use other chocolate balls or powder, it will be hot chocolate but not haitian hot chocolate.
Is it essential to use evaporated milk?
Not at all. It’s just to get the perfect texture and taste. But if you don’t have evaporated milk, use buttermilk or regular milk.
Can you store haitian hot chocolate?
Yes, you can store hot chocolate. And even storing it can give this drink a different flavor. How? I have shared that above.
Is haitian hot chocolate healthy?
Yes, haitian hot chocolate I healthy. This drink has lots of nutrients, including healthy fats, minerals, and carbohydrates, to keep you full for a long time. And cocoa is rich in antioxidants, so it’s definitely health-friendly and diet-friendly as well. If you are on a diet, skip the sugar, and it’s ready for you.
Haitian hot chocolate is a delicious and comforting drink to warm you up during the cold months. In addition to being delicious, Haitian Hot Chocolate is also healthy because it is organic and totally unprocessed, so you get a glass of drink fully rich in minerals and antioxidants.
And it tastes mildly bitter and sweet. So if you want to enjoy this unique and delicious version of the traditional cocoa drink, follow the Haitian hot chocolate recipe I have shared above and make it today at home.
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.