Today, we are talking about one of the unique and taste-changing items, the Cheesecake Factory Blackout Cake, which is made with chocolate frostings and cheese or cream pudding. It contains the super tasty ingredients and life-changing flavors of the cake world.
Basically, this blackout cake recipe was developed in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen, New york. And gradually, it was spread as a Brooklyn Blackout Cake which was found in Ebinger’s bakery in Brooklyn, New York.
Last month, I was surprisingly gifted with this famous delicious cake from my friend, and it was made by herself at home. But it tasted the same as the cheesecake factory blackout version.
So, I grabbed that recipe from her and tried it out at home without any delay. Now, I want to share this great recipe top to bottom so that you can try this out at home easily.
- This tasty treat has a. great source of flavonoid antioxidants that can help the body protest the force of aging and skin diseases.
- It contains copper, magnesium, and vitamin minerals that control blood pressure and heart diseases.
- It’s balanced in high protein, which is mainly needed to build the strong bones of children.
- This cake is harder to manage for diabetic patients because it combines sugar, flour, dark chocolates, and dairy content.
- Sometimes it can be a reason not to digest properly. The uses of hard food like milk, cheese, and chocolates are high in unhealthy saturated fat.
- People dealing with acid reflux and stomach upset are highly discouraged from having this sweet treat. Cheesecake, milk, and cream are all high in fat and acid-forming.
Frequently Asked Questions( FAQs)
Here is given some most wanted queries based on the Blackout Cake recipe to let you know your search and benefits.
Where is it from?
This blackout cake recipe was developed in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen in New york. And gradually, it was spread as a Brooklyn Blackout Cake, which was found in Ebinger’s bakery in Brooklyn, New York.
How can I make it more flavourful?
You can add crushed candies to the filling, mix the crumbs with frostings, and cut them into cake balls. Drizzle some ganache over them. This would be a perfect dark chocolate cake as well. My favorite dark chocolate ganache Rich’s JW Allen Ganache, is available at
Can I use any chips for the chocolates?
Yes, if you want, you can add some Godiva semisweet chips.
Is it okay If I double the ganache?
The cake will be tasted a little bitter! But you can extend the ganache according to your taste.
Is the recipe time-consuming to make it daily?
Certainly not any cake you should eat daily. It’s utterly harmful to health and time-consuming to manage as well. But It’s worth trying for the special functions.
How long will it be moist?
Though it will be moist and soft in the fridge for the next two days, I won’t suggest you refrigerate it for long.
How can I save my time to make it?
You can save time by making it the day before. Wrap it finely and keep fridged until you start applying on the filling and ganache.
Can I add vanilla as a substitute?
I wouldn’t recommend this as the vanilla can’t give the same consistency as the chocolates can.
Can I add any other sweets for more fun?
If you want to get more sweetness, you can add white semi-sweet morsels. It’ll extend more sweetness to your cake.
What can be used instead of boiled water or milk?
You can use boiling coffee rather than boiling milk and water. It will intensify the chocolate flavor.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories1200
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Protein 19g 38%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whether you like or don’t like any cakes, you must fall in love when you taste that homemade cake at least once.
Making this impressive black-out layer of chocolate with cheese or pudding is entirely sweet and easy when you will try to make it by following the proper steps.
So, you can surely make the exact cake at your home and surprise your beloved.
Last Updated on January 31, 2023 by Lindsay G. Cabral
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.