You love chicken but are also concerned about your health. Still, you want chicken-flavored items in your launch. Make this healthy and tasty chicken meal for your lunch.
Jalapeno Chicken Salad is a refreshing and flavorful twist on the classic chicken salad that we all know and love. This recipe combines juicy and tender chicken with creamy mayonnaise, tangy lime juice, and diced jalapenos for a spicy kick.
It’s great as a sandwich filler, on top of greens, or put into a tortilla for a nice wrap. Not a fan of spices? Not a problem! For a milder taste, simply leave out the jalapenos. I can say that Jalapeno Chicken Salad is a tasty and simple meal that will quickly become a favorite.
There are plenty of chicken salad recipes. But I personally like this salad whenever I want a spicy but healthy meal for my lunch.
What Goes Well With This Chicken Salad?
To complete your lunch, serve this wonderful chicken salad dish with the following items:
- Bread or crackers for sandwiches or dipping
- Lettuce or spinach for wraps or topping a salad
- Fresh fruit, such as mango or pineapple, for a sweet and refreshing contrast
- Nuts, such as almonds or cashews, for a crunchy texture and added flavor
- Avocado or other types of beans, such as black beans, for added protein and creaminess
- Grilled or roasted vegetables, such as bell peppers or asparagus, for a heartier side dish
- Corn or black bean salad for a southwestern twist and a good pairing with the flavors of jalapeno and lime
Tips And Tricks
- If you have leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken, you can use those to make this salad.
- Cut all the vegetables in the same size and add a few more fresh vegetables if you have any.
- Add the jalapeno or lemon juice just before you serve it. It will retain the fresh flavor.
- If you need it, try to store it without adding mayonnaise, that will keep it in better condition.
- You must store the jalapeno chicken salad in an air-tight container. In this condition, you can store it for up to one week.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories570
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 870mg 37%
- Protein 15g 30%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Why is My Chicken Salad Mushy?
The chicken salad may be mushy because you overcooked the chicken or the mayonnaise was overmixed.
Can I Only Have This Salad at Meal?
Yes, you can only have this at meals but it’s better to add other items on your launch to fulfill your body’s needs.
It’s time to taste it. I know you will love this jalapeno chicken salad. The nicest part about this recipe is that it can be used as a sandwich filler, on top of a bed of greens, or even filled into a tortilla for a wonderful wrap.
Don’t forget to rate this recipe and share a picture with us
Last Updated on January 16, 2023 by Lindsay G. Cabral
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.