When we love something we eat that very often and sometimes almost regularly. And then we get bored of that dish. But if we do a little trick and make something unique?
My today’s recipe is something like that. It’s a sweet gulab jamun dish but not the sweet gulab jamun, but the gulab jamun cake. And surprisingly, this dish will not only give you something unique to taste, but you can also serve this amazing sweet treat to your guest. They will get surprised and will appreciate your effort.
What is more important is time; you won’t need lots of time to make this dessert. Less than one hour is enough. So what have you decided, would you like to do some madness like me? If yes, come and join me; I will tell you the gulab jamun cake recipe, share my experience, and much more. Let’s scroll down and be with me till the end.
Why Should You Try Gulab Jamun Cake
Whether you’re celebrating something special or simply seeking some delicious comfort food, don’t miss out on this sinful gulab jamun cake. This tasty treat is an exciting way to prepare your favorite Indian dessert.
Let’s know why you should try gulab jamun cake.
- First of all, gulab jamun is a simple dessert. All you need are eight ingredients to make this sweet treat. Glazing or not all depends on your taste; you can serve or have it without glaze if you are on a diet.
- Gulab jamun cake is a cake, but you won’t have to put in lots of effort like you put on a cake. It won’t take you even an hour to make this cake. Just mix and bake, and enjoy!
- The mesmerizing textures of this cake and the various flavors make it an ideal dessert; initially, it was made for religious occasions, but now it’s a popular treat for any time of the day. You can serve it at a special dinner party, Mother’s Day celebration, or simply as a dessert!
- Gulab jamun is a high-calorie food, as it’s a sweet dessert, so it is full of fiber and carbohydrates. It can keep you energized all day long and makes you full for a long time.
- Cardamom flavor in Gulab Jamun contains terpenes such as cineole that have numerous medicinal properties, including antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, etc.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to enjoy the better version of gulab jamun cake, use cake flour or self-rising flour.
- If you are on diet avoid adding sugar and glaze. But this cake won’t taste good, so you can add 1 cup of honey or maple syrup to make the healthy version.
- You must mix the sugar, butter, and egg on high speed to get the perfect fluffy gulab jamun cake.
- You can use any essence you love. Usually, I use orange essence, as it gives the orange color and flavor, so its appearance and taste both give a gulab jamun vibe.
- Try to bake the cake in a preheated oven; it helps cook the cake from all around and avoid overbaking. Either you will get gulab jamun dry cake instead of a soft and fluffy cake.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories550
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 129mg 43%
- Sodium 252mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Gulab jamun cake is perfect for those looking for an easy and quick dessert that they can make in no time. Homemade taste is unbeatable, so try it at home and enjoy!
Gulab jamun cake tastes best when served fresh out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or honey syrup. I have shared a glaze recipe, so if you want to make your own version of gulab jamun cake, make and use that syrup, and thank me after tasting the cake.
And if some leftovers are there just transfer them to a airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator, they will be good to eat for up to 1 week.
Lindsay G. Cabral is a recipe blogger who specializes in vegan and gluten-free recipes. Lindsay has been blogging since 2012, and her recipes have been featured on popular websites such as Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and The Kitchn. In addition to her blog, Lindsay is also the author of two cookbooks, Vegan Yum Yum and Vegan Yum Yum for All Occasions. When she's not in the kitchen, Lindsay enjoys spending time with her husband and two young daughters.